The Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program would like to announce the availability of $79,338 in grant funds. The Buzzards Bay Watershed Municipal Mini-grant Program FY2019 Grant Announcement has been posted on the COMMBUYS website. We are seeking proposals for projects that implement recommendations in the Buzzards Bay Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan and will be principally located within the Buzzards Bay Watershed.
Eligible projects include:
- Stormwater remediation designs for discharges affecting marine waters;
- Implementation and construction of existing stormwater designs for discharges affecting marine waters;
- Wetland/open space/habitat restoration, preservation, acquisition or protection;
- Update or digitizing of wetland boundaries or land elevations from wetland permits;
- Migratory fish passage and habitat restoration;
- Construction of a boat pump-out facility in a municipality or harbor when none exists;
- Creation of online reporting systems for tracking of operation, maintenance and monitoring of innovative and alternative septic systems;
- Projects that, through direct action, mitigate for or restore: coastal waters, coastal resources, freshwaters, or freshwater resources adversely affected by nutrient loading (nitrogen or phosphorus pollution);
- Other activities in support of the Buzzards Bay Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan.
This solicitation is open to municipalities within the Buzzards Bay Watershed, including: Fall River, Westport, Dartmouth, New Bedford, Acushnet, Fairhaven, Rochester, Mattapoisett, Marion, Wareham, Middleborough, Carver, Plymouth, Bourne, Falmouth, and Gosnold. However, all projects must be located principally within the Buzzards Bay watershed.
Proposals are due Thursday, May 3 by 4:00 PM. Applicants must provide a non-federal match that will equal or exceed 33 percent of requested funds. The RFR’s Question and Answer period will close 4:00 PM, Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
Municipalities may submit any number of applications and they may receive more than one grant; however, no single grant award may exceed $35,000 and no recipient can receive more than $60,000.
The RFR and other details on the program may be found at the following website: https://www.commbuys.com/bso/external/bidDetail.sdo?docId=BD-18-1042-CZM-ENV40-24963&external=true&parentUrl=bid and on the Buzzards Bay National Estuary Program’s website: http://www.buzzardsbay.org/funding.htm